I'll cut to the chase. Nonbeenary Designs is changing.
When I first started this business - right before the pandemic - I just wanted to have some fun and make some stickers. My first customers were friends and family, and then it started growing. I've been working on this labor of love for four years now. Reflecting back on this journey - it's been so hard, and yet, so very fun.
At this point, Nonbeenary Designs has reached over 2,600 customers on Etsy alone. My offerings on print on demand platforms like Redbubble and TeePublic have reached hundreds of people. I've done private commissions, wholesale for small businesses across the country, and more.
The unfortunate fact is that home-based weird art sticker production is not scalable. It is impossible to keep my prices competitive AND pay myself fairly. Especially when I'm against resellers using questionable products (looking at you, Temu and AliExpress).
My priorities have changed, too. I no longer want to spend 20 hours a week outside of my day job running this manufacturing based business. Catalog management, financials, and product improvement all take more time than you could imagine. I want to get back to the root of what made Nonbeenary Designs fun: creating.
Nonbeenary Designs is NOT closing. Rather, I am closing MY manufacturing portion of this business so that I can continue to create weird art for fun people. What this means for my past and future customers:
- You will be able to buy new physical AND digital products from me through print-on-demand sites.
- I will occasionally offer small runs of physical products based on popularity.
- You will be able to commission me for your projects, and I will be able to manufacture stickers, pins, magnets, cards, and prints as needed.
- You will see a wider variety of creative projects coming from Nonbeenary Designs. We are no longer confined to physical products!
- If you're on my email list, you may get notifications as I'm changing email service providers (to Brevo, formerly SendInBlue).
- If you follow me on social media, you can expect more frequent updates on Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok. I hope. I'm notoriously flaky about social media.
- In a few days, the website will be changing to a LinkTree-style landing page until I build the new Nonbeenary.com website.
If you want one of the limited-run enamel pins shown below, they ARE still available. You can buy them on Ko-Fi, which is where my new, limited run shop items will be housed.
Thank you once again for your support and for being a part of the Nonbeenary Designs family. I can't wait to see what the new year brings.
Here's to a bright, joyful, and exciting 2024!
With heartfelt gratitude,
Sam @ Nonbeenary Designs
Go To My Shop and Gallery Links